Malte Gell wrote:
> Clemens Ladisch <cladi...@googlemail.com> wrote
> > Malte Gell wrote:
> > > Do you think I could get rid of this Skype issue when I upgrade to a
> > > CMedia 8768 chip?
> >
> > That's exactly the the same hardware interface (and driver), so I'd
> > guess you'd get the same error.
>
> Ok, same driver, but different chip, isn't it?

The internals of the chip might be somewhat different, but the interface
to the driver is exactly the same (except for a bit to enable 8 channels),
and since the problem is apparently not with the hardware but with the
way how Skype accesses the device, the same thing is likely to happen
with the 8768.

Best regards,
Clemens