On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Kazuo Teramoto wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I like to redirect the sound I hear in the speakers to microphone, so
> it can be recorded with e.g. arecord.
>
> A somewhat related idea is how I can read audio from a file and pipe
> it to microphone input.

Jut plug a cable from the output to the Line in input ( use line in, not
microphone. Microphone is often mono only, and uses one of the lines for
2 or 5V phantom power which could, on a badly designed card, cause trouble for
the
output)

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     un...@physics.ubc.ca