Hi Pandu!

I emailed Focusrite via the support answerbase if they could release a linux
driver. Since all Saffire products are fully supported with Linux and the
Saffire 6 is still very new I hope they will develop a linux driver for it.
I also tried the alternatives (using vista and the enclosed Ableton Lite
Live 7) but it didn't work as good as it could with a linux real-time kernel
;)

This is what I emailed:

> Dear Focusrite Team!
>
> After comparing many different USB Interfaces from even more manufacturers
> I finally came to the conclusion that the Focusrite Saffire 6 USB might be
> the right choice for me.
>
> In addition to the high-quality preamps and other useful features there was
> another argument which clearly pointed out a product of Focusrite. The
> compatibility with the OS Linux. I prefer Linux for my records because of
> its possibility to run a real-time kernel with a very low latency and its
> handy DAWs.
>
> Unfortunately Focusrite hasn\'t provided the Saffire 6 USB with a Linux
> driver yet. I would really appreciate if you could release one, so I can
> keep doing my records with my real-time Kernel and my DAW.
>
> thanking you in anticipation
> Christoph

Let's hope we get a positive reply.

best regards
Christoph

2010/2/8 Pandu Rakimanputra <pandu.rakimanpu...@rocketmail.com>

> Hi Paul,
> I've posted my dmesg output from my linux on my previous email. But it's
> okey if someone ask me to send again :)
>
> Hi Christoph,
> Good to know there are another friend using the focusrite. I  emailed
> focusrite team, and they haven't tested with linux. They also admitted that
> saffire 6 USB isn't plug'n play (even for OS X machine). They includes OS X
> & Windows driver. I think you should email focusrite team, asked them to
> release driver for linux, or if they Can't, just relase some of Hardware
> Abstraction Layer, so Alsa developer can create driver.
>
> Anyway,
>
> Thanks for all, I'm still waiting for focusrite saffire driver.
>
> Pandu

Christoph Pittamitz
Tel.        +43/2236/909966
Mobiltel. +43/664/ 5715753