Hi all,

(I sent this last week but I guess it died in the moderation queue?)

Audio worked well on my Thinkpad X41 Tablet (using Arch Linux) until I
did a system upgrade a few days ago that included a new kernel.  At
first I thought I had no sound at all, but after some troubleshooting I
realized there is sound, it's just really really quiet.  If I play an
MP3 with all mixer controls unmuted and volumes at max I can barely make
out music with quality headphones. Built in speaker output works but is
entirely drowned out by system hums and clicks.  The mute and volume
mixers appear to work.  There don't seem to be any errors or changes in
the output of the various alsa utils, though I'm not very familiar with
the linux/ALSA system.  The problem is independent of audio program or
file source.

I reran alsaconf and reset my mixers and tried again, no change.

Output of alsa-info.sh here:
http://pastebin.com/ep8R2mLB

Is this a regression?  Is there anything I can do to help get it fixed?

Thanks and cheers.
--
  John Galt
  tagalog8...@fastmail.fm