On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 21:12:52 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Unruh <un...@physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

[snip]
> Yes, it certainly is a bug. Thus it may also be true that there is no underrun
> either.
> (actually, It is not clear to me what an underrun means for recording. So what
> if the buffer is empty)
[snip]

There _are_ overruns (yes, overruns and not underruns). When I do the real
thing (playback + capture simultaneously), I also observe the recorded signal
plotting it in GNU Octave or Audacity. I do see missing pieces of data. I.e.
recording a 'sin' burst in case of overrun I see the recorded burst to be
shorter than the stimulus (playback) burst.

The burst is zero-padded both in the beginning and at the end, so I know it's
not just a too early terminated or too late started recording.

So, to me the overrun term looks quite appropriate - the capture part is
overrun by data from ADC and in such cases doesn't cope with writing the
captured data to disk.

Regards,
  Sergei.