That seems pretty regular at 8 to 10 minute intervals.  Do you live
near a subway line?  Or other electric mass transit option?  Is the
computer on a UPS or power conditioner type supply line?  I get a
spike like that when I use a battery box to power an electret mic.  If
I turn it on after pressing record.  Beyond that, your guess is as
good as mine.

- James