Hello,

Sorry for being impatient and not lurking before posting, but I have a deadline here at work.

I'm trying to set up a RedHat 5, update 4, 64 bit workstation for audio playback.  I found the X-Fi Titanium at a local store and checked the ALSA soundcard matrix which said that it is partially supported.  I don't really need anything other than playback, so that seemed alright to me.

I downloaded ALSA 1.0.25 and followed the INSTALL document, but when I get to step 8 and give the command "modprobe snd-ctxfi" I get the error: "snd_ctxfi: Unknown symbol try_to_del_timer_sync".

I also tried downloading and building XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00.tar.gz from Creative, but when I run make, I get the error: "cthw20k2.c:1315: error: implicit declaration of function 'mdelay'".

Any ideas?  Is there hope for the X-Fi card?  Do I need to get a different sound card?  My only requirements are PCIe card and audio playback.

Regards,
Doug