Sorry for catching up so late. Is this issue solved already?

On 28.02.2012 00:43, Joachim Gahl wrote:
> I would like to ask for some help with an USB audio class 2 device.

[...]

> I am running openSUSE 11.4, 64bit (Kernel 2.6.37-0.11 desktop). ALSA
> version is 1.0.24 according to YAST but alsamixer reports driver
> version 1.0.23.
>
> When I connect the Axe-Fx II to my systems the MIDI interface appears
> and works. Problem is the audio interface. /var/log/messages reports
>
> ALSA format.c:287: parse_audio_format_rates_v2(): unable to retrieve
> number of sample rates (clock 40) ALSA format.c:287:
> parse_audio_format_rates_v2(): unable to retrieve number of sample
> rates (clock 5)
>
> and no capture or playback device can be found.
>
> I emailed the manufacturer and they told me that the Axe-Fx II does
> not respond to GetSampleFrequencyRange requests. So I suspect this
> might be the reason for the error messages.

Which violates the spec IIRC. How should the driver know about
configurable sample rates then?

I can send you a patch that adds a quirk to hard-code the sample rates
for this card, but I would need to known which ones are valid.

Daniel