Hi Allan,

On 12.08.2012 15:47, allan walker wrote:
> i have asked this question before but seeing as it was some time ago,
> and there has been no further response, i'll ask again :)
> Is it possible for this device to be supported by the ALSA driver?
> my alsascript results are here
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=d444ad0ee58b3994ee1c91e5ed4415bb2416f486
> and
> lsusb -v (cropped to relevant bus)

The descriptors don't tell anything about class compliance, and it also
doesn't look like there are any interfaces that are compliant but marked
vendor specific. Hence, I have litte hope the generic driver can do
anything useful here.

The protocol implemented by the hardware might be related to what the
other Tascam interfaces speak, namely those which are supported by
sound/usb/usx2y/ - you could try adding the IDs of your device to the
match table (sound/usb/usx2y/usbusx2y.c, snd_usX2Y_usb_id_table).

If that doesn't work, you would need to trace the communication of that
device under Windows with the vendor driver and reverse-engineer the
command sequences. And then see which driver could be modified to
support that device or if a new one needs to be written. In that case,
look around for a Windows software solution that works for you (can't
give you any recommendation here).

All this is something which needs to be done by someone with access to
the hardware, so you're pretty much on your own for now unfortunately.
But once you have any further details, please let us know.

HTH,
Daniel