On 10/1/2012 2:23 AM, eloi wrote:

Hello everybody

i'm new in mailing list! Sorry for my bad english but i try my best to make effort to be understood by all.

I want to know what is the  best usb2 soundcard for Linux?

It's for use to make PureData paths and play with the futur "bitwig" DAW ! ( and try ardour & more )

/snip/
*Thank **you very**much **for help me

*best regard

ELOI**
I would suggest you get a usb-3 card. Things are going that way nowadays, and if you want to connect an external drive, you'll need the speed. I have a card that works flawlessly in Linux, altho it's kind of expensive and may be superseded by something, altho you can still find it for sale. It's a Koutech IO-PEU433, with a Via Technologies controller. It's PCIe format, and has 3 external ports and one internal. Unfortunately, the internal port has an external type jack, so you'll have to kluge up something to bring it to the front panel. For Windows it requires a driver, which comes with it, but it runs in Linux (kernel 3.2.18) without any
driver--it "just works."

--doug