Hi list,

I have an alsa-newbie-question:

I am running an RME Fireface UCX in the usb-2.0-audio class-compliant
mode. I can get stereo-sound but alsamixer is not working.

Is there an easy way to get the number of in/out channel that the
device/the alsa-driver provides ? And if there are more than 2/2
channels, how do I activate these extra channels ? There should be 8/8
channels available in usb-class-compliance mode, these are displayed
on a mac-osx without using the RME native driver.

Thanks a lot,

Florian