Le Sat, 1 Feb 2014 16:40:15 -0800 (PST),
ChaosEsque Team <chaosesquet...@yahoo.com> a écrit :

> I'd like to apologize to you for being rude, you did help me.
>
> The looming threat of systemd taking over debian, my distro of
> choice,

The problem with systemd at that time is Gnome. You can install Gnome
without systemd, but you will lose some functionalities. With the last
gnome version, I am not even sure if it will start without systemd.

That imply for a binary distribution, the choice is simple:
- go the easy way and chip gnome with systemd
- go the hard way and install gnome without systemd
- don't chip gnome

It is one of the reason why I prefer binary distributions like gentoo,
you are free to install and use whatever init system you want, and if
it make gnome non installable, it's your choice.

Another issue is that systemd is an alpha quality software, and they
are pushing it like if it was well tested and stable, which is not the
case, and will not be possible before they are done with the cgroups
rework into the kernel, in at least one year or maybe more...

Anyway, systemd is already a kitchen sink which is growing far behind
an init system, and it implement policy instead of implementing a way
to implement policies. All this make it already a bigger problem than
the one it was intended to solve. Time will tell us if it will end like
hal or not.