Hello.

I have 2 questions, but I shall ask second in a separate email.

I have PCI-E Oxygen based card(Asus Xonair DX)
It supports rate up to 192000.
I noticed most Steam games don't work with it with Rate above 48000. I
guess this is unavoidable.

A year ago or so I created config where I created a pcm device with
192000 rate, and second PCM with rate 48000 whic was pointing to 192000
one.

Games with this setup were very laggy to a point where FPS dropped.
My guess is that this set up is not usable for apps which require
constant input, like games.

I read somewhere, that it's impossible to have dual rate PCM's working
at the same time.(I tried such approach and failed.)

My card supports not multichannel sound, AFAIK, so DMIX is used. So
does DMIX allows for several PCM to have access to hardware with
background upsampling?

In other words, I know, with shell variables I can say app which PCM to
use. So could I by default start all programs with 48000 rate and start
some MP3 players/VLC to play content in 192000 all at the same time?

Probably not, but, well, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks in advance
Dmitri Seletski