Hallo,

a friend has lent me one Pioneer DDJ-WeGo2. That device is a DJ
controlle which has - the controller functions aside - two Audio
outputs (one RCA output for the PA and one headphone) and one
microphone input.

The normal snd-usb-audio modul takes the device, /sys entries look
like this:

|[2/499]mh@fan:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
| 0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
|                      HDA ATI SB at 0xfe8f4000 irq 16
| 1 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
|                      HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfe9bc000 irq 37
| 2 [CMI8738        ]: CMI8738-MC6 - C-Media CMI8738
|                      C-Media CMI8738 (model 55) at 0xd800, irq 22
| 3 [DDJWeGO2       ]: USB-Audio - PIONEER DDJ-WeGO2
|                      Pioneer PIONEER DDJ-WeGO2 at usb-0000:00:13.2-1.1, full
speed
|[3/500]mh@fan:~$ cat /proc/asound/devices
|  1:        : sequencer
|  2: [ 1]   : control
|  3: [ 1- 3]: digital audio playback
|  4: [ 1- 0]: hardware dependent
|  5: [ 2]   : control
|  6: [ 2- 0]: digital audio playback
|  7: [ 2- 0]: digital audio capture
|  8: [ 2- 1]: digital audio playback
|  9: [ 2- 2]: digital audio playback
| 10: [ 2- 2]: digital audio capture
| 11: [ 2- 0]: raw midi
| 12: [ 2- 0]: hardware dependent
| 13: [ 0]   : control
| 14: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
| 15: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
| 16: [ 0- 1]: digital audio playback
| 17: [ 0- 2]: digital audio capture
| 18: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
| 19: [ 3]   : control
| 20: [ 3- 0]: digital audio playback
| 21: [ 3- 0]: raw midi
| 33:        : timer

Alsamixer says about the DDJ-WeGo2 "Chip: USB Mixer, This sound device
does not have any controls".

Why does ALSA onle see a single audio device? I think it should see
two or even three.

Do I see correctly that output played via aplayer to hw3,0 should
either show up on the RCA output or on the headphone?

The system I am trying this on has pulseaudio installed, and I'd like
to keep it for the other audio devices. Is there a chance that pulse
is interfering here? Is there a way to tell pulse to keep its fingers
off hw3?

Greetings
Marc