Clemens Ladisch <cladisch <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> It is intended to be used when there is no actual hardware device.

Many thanks Clemens. I will try to learn what plugins do, and how to use
them.

By way of some background, what is the snd-loop rate shift facility intended
to be used for? Clearly a great deal of effort has been put into developing
it, and I have found it useful as a problem solver (I had to slightly modify
the driver to lock the capture and playback deltas together to make it work
for me, though). In which scenarios would you imagine it being used
'properly'?