Hello,

On 28 January 2016 at 10:28, Clemens Ladisch <cladi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ivan Yonov wrote:
>> I'm using PulseAudio and also using MPD which uses exclusively my
>> external USB DAC (ESI Dr. DAC Nano - hw:2,0) through ALSA.
>>
>> But I can not control the volume of the extrenal DAC with alsamixer.
>> When trying to select the DAC it returns:
>> "cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument".
>
> Does "amixer -c2 scontrols" or "amixer -c2 controls" work?

$ amixer -c2 scontrols
Returns this:
amixer: Mixer hw:2 load error: Invalid argument

$ amixer -c2 controls
Returns this:
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Switch'
numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Switch',index=1
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Volume'
numid=8,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Volume',index=1
numid=9,iface=MIXER,name='Line Capture Switch'
numid=10,iface=MIXER,name='Line Capture Volume'
numid=5,iface=PCM,name='Capture Channel Map'
numid=1,iface=PCM,name='Playback Channel Map'
numid=2,iface=PCM,name='Playback Channel Map',device=1
numid=6,iface=PCM,name='Playback Channel Map',device=2

Thanks