Hi,

On Feb 18 2016 17:48, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>
>> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>>> I'm working on updating JACK and found that the above named function
>>> is deprecated
>>
>> <http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=blob;f=src/pcm/pcm.c;h=203e7a52491b408dc82b1121465c6e35daf96235;hb=HEAD#l6016>
>>
>>> What should be done here?
>>
>> Nothing.
>
> Care to expand on that just a little?
>
> Why was it deprecated?
>
> If it was deprecated when it is going to be removed?
>
> Is there anything to replace it?

It was purged by this commit.

Remove PCM xfer_align
http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=commitdiff;h=cf15e49d8460d9b56005d8c49faa064de3649cef

This is due to removing corresponding sw_params from kernel land,
because the implementation was quite buggy and original intension was
already lost, according to the commit comment.

[ALSA] Remove PCM xfer_align sw params
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/?id=d948035a928400ae127c873fbf771389bee18949

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto