Hi,

Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 I/O is one of my test devices, and I know that
the unit has an unique quirk, inconvenient to users including me. Later,
I'll write about it.

On Jun 27 2016 05:33, Maurizio Berti wrote:
> After searching around a bit everything looked fine, until I stumbled
> upon this bug from the ffado page: http://subversion.ffado.org/ticket/359
> As far as I can understand, the new alsa/firewire stack has the support
> for this series of interfaces (bebob) and this might mean that the
> problem wouldn't affect the device, since freewheeling in alsa doesn't
> work as it does with firewire drivers. I was told that the original
> author - Takashi - is active here too.
> Since I will be using both jack and freewheel mode (via Ardour), I
> wanted to know if somebody here has ever tried this interface, has
> experience in using with jack and freewheeling, and with what results.

I've never used the 'freewheel' mode and I don't know exactly what it
effects. However, as long as seeing jackd2 source code, it doesn't
affect the way to use ALSA interfaces. There're no practical condition
statements related to this parameter. Thus, regardless of enabling
clients' 'freewheel' mode or not, jackd uses ALSA by the same way. This
is also the same libffado backend.

In short, it does not affect the way to use backend modules for devices.
I guess that the mode just has an effect to internal data processing of
jackd.

Well, in my opinion, it's inconvenient to use this unit due to its
quirk, which I reported in this thread:
https://sourceforge.net/p/ffado/mailman/message/35076716/

I recommend you to purchage another unit, more convenient to your work.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto