Hello,

I want to experiment with digital microphones on the Beaglebone green and
therefore activate the I2S Interface as Audio interface.

Is it possible to activate the I2S in different modes with Devicetree
(overlay),  with no specific codec: generating bitclk, frame signal and
receiving data. eg on:
        "P9.30",        /* mcasp0_axr0          audio in */
        "P9.12",        /* mcasp0_aclkr         receive bitclock */
        "P9.27",        /* mcasp0_fsr           receive frameclock */
        "mcasp0";

without writing/extending a kernel driver ?

Or Is there any general or dummy  codec that can be used ?
(with some example)

It would be nice to activate the McASP I2S and experiment with different
settings using alsa audio devices.

I searched for a while but didn't find anything functional,
eg. I could not activate: ./sound/soc/codecs/ics43432.c as modules like
described in devicetree/bindings/sound/ics43432.txt for Davinci-evm.
Any help is appreciated.

mfG
 winfried