I've have had a Xonar D2X for some time now and normally use coax
spdif output to an SMSL Sanskrit DAC.

Yesterday I was messing around with different rates and tried 192k. I
had a lot of gaps in the audio. Not being sure whether this could be
caused by the software, the D2X or my DAC I thought I'd give optical
out a shot using an toslink cable and the little adaptor that you get
with the D2X.

I couldn't get any signal via the optical out at all and there isn't
any light that you normally see shining through the output socket.

Does anyone have any experience with this card and know if there are
problems with optical out under linux?

--

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//