On 2018-06-24 02:26 PM, David Wood fall wrote:
On Sunday 24 June 2018 13:07,
info <i...@dressmaker.ca> put forth the proposition:
I wish all my users have been migrated. Until then, is Fedora distro builder
misusing ALSA? What do I need to tell them to either enable detection of
attached front panel cables, or storing and properly restoring the volume and
mute state? Saving is working, but then something overwrites the configuration
during the shutdown or boot process. Unfortunately I cannot remove PulseAudio,
and it is my understanding that all these systemd services are needed as
crutches to let PA run.
It could be that pulse is restoring its own settings. I don't use
pulse either, but perhaps using pavucontrol and setting things up the
way they like will work and those settings will come back after a
reboot.
PA does not have these settings in either mixer or controllable. The only way to control all channels is with balsamic.

Thank you
Alex