Hi Chris,

My goal is a low latency USB microphone that's always on; similar to an
intercom system.

I am capturing data from my microphone, and transmitting it via pcm_write()
to the USB gadget card, and arecording on the USB host. If I query the
buffer, I begin to see a creeping fill on the device side buffers, such
that after a few hours of constant streaming, the buffer is filled, and my
pcm_write is returning "we only wrote SOME of your data".  As this happens,
I start to notice more and more latency between my device's capture and the
host's playback, as I eventually have a whole buffer's worth of "old" audio
I'm queuing "now's audio" data behind. If I modify the UAC driver to
provide a larger buffer size, my pcm_write of "not a full buffer" takes
longer to happen, but when it does, my latency has gone from unnoticeable
to several seconds.

I figured (and may very well be wrong), that this was due to my device
clocks sending buffers at a rate *slightly* faster than the USB is able to
sink it to the host. Could this be something else?

Thanks,
Rob