Hi Donald,

Many thanks for your review. Please see my responses inline.

Thanks,
Jensen

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 10:19 AM Donald Eastlake via Datatracker <
nore...@ietf.org> wrote:

> Reviewer: Donald Eastlake
> Review result: Ready with Issues
>
> I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for
> draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-17. These comments were written
> primarily for the benefit of the Internet Area Directors. Document editors
> and
> shepherd should treat these comments just like they would treat comments
> from
> any other IETF contributors and resolve them along with any other Last Call
> comments that have been received. For more details on the INT Directorate,
> see
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/.
>
> Based on my review, if I was on the IESG I would ballot this document as NO
> OBJECTION.
>
> The following are issues I found with this document that SHOULD be
> corrected
> before publication and some comments:
>
>    I am not particularly familiar with the technology in this draft os I
> may
>    have missed things.
>
>    Abstract: I believe it should say "the exact protocol is not specified"
>    adding "not".

Thanks for the catch. We will fix it.

>    Section 3.7.1: The second paragraph of this section is one very long
>    sentence that I found confusing and which may be inconsistent. Perhaps a
>    structured list would be better than simple text.

Good suggestion. How about the following restructure:

OLD:

   Specifically, the IRD announces two network maps, one CDNI
   Advertisement resource without dependency, one CDNI Advertisement
   resource depending on a network map, one filtered CDNI Advertisement
   resource to be defined in Section 5, one property map including
   "cdni-capabilities" as its entity property, one filtered property map
   including "cdni-capabilities" and "pid" as its entity properties, and
   two update stream services (one for updating CDNI Advertisement
   resources, and the other for updating property maps).

NEW:

   Specifically, the IRD announces nine information resources as follows:

   * two network maps
   * one CDNI Advertisement resource without dependency
   * one CDNI Advertisement resource depending on a network map
   * one filtered CDNI Advertisement resource to be defined in Section 5
   * one property map including "cdni-capabilities" as its entity property
   * one filtered property map including "cdni-capabilities" and "pid" as
its entity properties
   * two update stream services
      + one for updating CDNI Advertisement resources
      + one for updating property maps

>    Section 6.1.1.2: Seems a bit imprecise. I suggest adding at the end
> "as a
>    decimal number without leading zeros".

Very good suggestion. We will add it.

>    I was favorably impressed by the relatively complete information
> included
>    for the Authors in the Authors' Addresses Section. I wish more drafts
> did
>    this.

Thanks ;)

> The following are minor issues (typos, misspelling, minor text
> improvements)
> with the document:
>
>    PID should be expanded on first use. Although, as far as I can see,
> other
>    acronyms are appropriately expanded on first use. the document might
> benefit
>    from a terminology section (maybe 1.1 or 2.3) as not everyone may read
> the
>    document sequentially and remember all the expansions.

Reasonable suggestion. We will add such a section in the coming revision
soon.

>    Section 2.2, 2nd *'ed paragraph, "ALTO maps can be signed" adding "be".

Thanks for the catch.

>    Section 3.6: I don't think the following text is needed and it could be
>    deleted. It merely expresses the default that later IETF documents can
>    modify earlier IETF documents.
>                                                  There may be other
>       documents extending BaseAdvertisementObject and additional CDNI
>       capabilities.  They are outside the scope of this document.  To
>       support them, future documents can extend the specification defined
>       in this document.

Agree.

>    Section 3.7.1:  /// -> //
>
>    Section 6.2.1: "to define" -> "defining"

Thanks. Will fix.

>    Section 10: It is common to include the same information for
> Contributors as
>    is included for Authors in the Authors' Addresses section but that has
> not
>    been done.

Good catch. We will definitely fix this issue. We were using
kramdown-rfc2629, which seems not to support the Contributors section yet.
But it should work by embedding XML manually.

>    There are a few addition suggestions that I will send directly to the
>    authors.
>
>    Really trivial: when you have
>      "xyz": stuff
> for various values of xyz and stuff, there is no consistency in whether or
> not
> there is a space before the colon.

Ha, you are right. We will fix this trivial issue.