Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the information about the new CDNI footprint types.

RFC 9241 is going to be published soon. To leverage Sec 6 of RFC 9241 [1],
the new footprint type should be added to the ALTO Entity Domain Types
registry.

[1]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9241.html#name-query-footprint-properties-

In the recent ALTO WG weekly meeting, we had some brief discussion on how
to proceed. There are two options:

1. Add a new section/subsection in
draft-ietf-cdni-additional-footprint-types to register the new footprint
type "subdivisioncode" to the ALTO Entity Domain Types registry.
2. Submit a new document to ALTO WG later to update the ALTO Entity Domain
Types registry.

Personally, I will suggest the second option. It will keep the current
document clean and not interrupt the IETF process.

I cc'ed ALTO mailing list to see if we have any other feedback from other
ALTO experts.

Best,
Jensen