Kurt <ksav...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> That said, I suspect all the flight data is stored on the device for download
> after recovery anyways?

Yup, it's actually recorded at 10 times the rate of telemetry (100
samples/sec during ascent, 10 samples/sec during descent).

> I believe that real time monitoring and recording of data is really only
> necessary
> if one thinks their project will be lost or go up in an airborne
> conflagaration.

I'm afraid I always assume my rocket is about to destroy itself when I
put it on the rail :-)

> One can't beat a solution comparable to a D72,VX-8GR or FT1DR plugged
> into a compatible handheld mapping GPS for navigating to the rocket.

Yup, having your tracking and recovery system something that you can use
while traveling to the landing site is awesome. APRS adds another option
to our existing hand-held TeleBT/Android system, so now you get to
choose which to use!

-keith