compu...@aol.com writes:

> Over the weekend, I was testing RF attenuation due to metallic paint.
> In my testing, I found that my portable HTs were receiving the TeleGPS
> transmitter better than my TeleBT.  Clearly the RF signal strength was
> great enough for the HT showing 6 s-units when the TeleBT was
> completely deaf.

TeleBT at 38.4kbps is good to about -115 dBm
APRS to my Yaesu FT1D is good to about -125dBm

A simple RDF beacon is good to probably another 10dB below that

> Keith, based on the previous thread, it seems like I may need to have
> my TeleBT calibrated too?  Is there something else I should try?

With version 1.5, you can crank the bit rate down, which will improve
range quite a bit. I'm experimenting with a better receiver design to
see if we can't beat APRS (which is pretty miserable as a modulation
scheme).

-keith