How can I get amanda to do incremental dumps?

Can anyone offer a sample amanda.conf, dislist or dumptype
definition that may help me out?

The dunmp type i am using now is set to always-full - and I thought amanda
would run a complete dump and automatically do incrementals based on
amanda's magic balancing algorithms. I guess my understanding of how
this program works is gravely mis-understood.

thanks again.

*************current dumptype setting ***********
    # record no
}

define dumptype always-full {
    global
    comment "Full dump of this filesystem always"
    compress none
    priority high
    dumpcycle 0
}

--
Denise E. Ives                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Engineer                        734.822.2037

Multilingual Internet Domain Name Registrations - http://www.walid.com