Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 15:28:55 -0600 (CST)
From: Joi Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Denise Ives <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: forced a full dump for Sat AM - it failed

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Denise Ives wrote:

>Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:20:03 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Denise Ives <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: forced a full dump for Sat AM - it failed
>
>Any ideas on how/why this happened?

Amanda couldn't find a tape in the drive.  It would normally default
to doing incrementals, but because full dumps had been forced for all
clients, Amanda couldn't degrade to incrementals.

Find out why Amanda couldn't see a tape in the drive.  Maybe there
wasn't one, or maybe the drive reported an error trying to read it.
Check your system's syslog or kernel log for tape error messages...

Don't forget you have to 'amlabel' each new tape before Amanda will
write to it.

--
Joi Ellis
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.visi.com/~gyles19/