Hi,

We've been using Amanda (2.4.1p1) for our backups for about a year now,
with great success. Last week, I replaced the user disk containing the
home areas with a new 36 Gig disk. All the mount points are the same,
it's just the disk that's different. On the very next backup run, the
backup for for this disk failed, with amdump asking if it was "offline".
After a little hunting around and investigation of the log files, it
became clear that the failure was due to the size of the disk being
reported as zero. A little more hunting revealed that this is a known
problem that has been fixed. So, I downloaded 2.4.2, and after some
stuggling with the configure command, got it setup. amcheck runs fine,
but now _none_ of the disks get backed up! Here are the errors:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  ettin      /var/krb5kdc lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /var/krb5kdc in ettin
response]
  ettin      /etc lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /etc in ettin response]
  ettin      /disk2/cluster lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /disk2/cluster in ettin
response]
  ettin      /disk2/home1 lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /disk2/home1 in ettin
response]
  ettin      /disk3/home2 lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /disk3/home2 in ettin
response]

Any ideas why this is happening now? Should I go back to 2.4.1p1? How do
I fix the disk-size problem?

Thanks,
Dylan Casey

Dylan P. Casey                              email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University                  office:517-432-0216
                                             home:810-695-8615