On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, John R. Jackson wrote:

> >I've had a problem writing tapes on my amanda tape server. While I have
> >a work-around, I thought I'd mention it here to see if anyone has any
> >ideas how to solve it.
>
> Ummmm, why are you telling us about a kernel problem (and I agree that's
> what it appears to be)?  It seems like your fine analysis should be
> dumped in the laps of the Linux kernel folks.

I'll report it to them.

Two reasons for mentioning it on amanda-users:

1. In case anybody else has a similar problem.

2. To see if I can get any suggestions why the FIRST file header is
different from the rest of the file headers -- this seemed like the best
group of people to answer that question.

Thanks again,

steven