"Shane T. Ferguson" wrote:

> I checked ipcs and it doesn't list anything in the shared memory segments (i
> am running RH6.1 with 2.2.18 kernel).

I read somewhere on this list that

ipcs -l
ipcrm

might help. I also found the following on this list:

Shared memory is a kernel feature that you may have to enable or turn
on in some way.  Try "ipcs -a", which should report all current shared
memory segments, semaphores and message queues.  With luck, it will
either tell you there are a bunch of old shared memory segments for the
Amanda user caused by your testing, in which case you can use ipcrm to
clear them, or it will tell you shared memory is not enabled, in which
case you'll have to find out from someone who knows about your OS (or
from the system documentation) how to turn that on.

(If it works don't thank me, thank the list ;-))
--
Regards

Chris Karakas
Don´t waste your cpu time - crack rc5: http://www.distributed.net