On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 06:47:16PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2001, Gerhard den Hollander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 1) How does amanda decide which disks to dump first ?
>
> Basically, it starts 3 slow/large dumps (taken out of the end of the
> backup queue) in parallel with other faster dumps (taken out of the
> beginning of the backup queue), subject to the various constraints
> such as holding disk space, available network bandwidth, maximum host
> paralellism, number of dumpers (inparallel), etc.
>
> > 2) How can I influence this ?
> >     (apart from rewriting planner.c)
>
> It's driver you'd want to rewrite, if you really had to :-)

I'm already working on a patch where the users specify for each dumper
what dump should it start according to size, time or bandwidth.
I can send the patch if you like.

btw. The patch will not help if your dump go directly to tape, these dump
are always scheduled at the end.

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal