* John R. Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 07:21:05PM -0500)

>>The sendsize.c file menations a maxdumps= variable ..
>>How can this be set ?

> With "maxdumps" in amanda.conf.  It will cause more than one estimate (on

D'Oh ;)

> separate disks) to be done at the same time, just like during dumping.
> Note that it will not run multiple estimate levels of the same disk at
> the same time (I don't think) since that would normally beat on the disk
> too hard.

See my previous posts.
calcsize rules in this respect
it will simply go over the disk in one go, and keeps track on which files
will be dumped at which levbel, and simply gives the results at the end in
one go.

So running an estimate for 9 levels with calsize will be just as quick (and
beat the disk just as hard) as doing an estimate for a level 0 only

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  If your watch is wound, wound to run, it will
 =`\<,  If your time is due, due to come, it will