On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Werner Behnke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we would like to buy a DDS-4 Autoloader
> (HP T5717A 40x6 or Seagate DAT 240 or
> Sony TSL-S11000).

We are using a Seagate Scorpion DDS-4 Autoloader without problems.
The only issue was, that for an unknown reason it doesn't like to be
connected to the SCSI controller as a 'wide' device. If you set the DIP
switches, such that it will register itself as a 'narrow' SCSI device
everything is fine. Performance is about 2.8 MB/s so the narrow cable
should not slow down the device noticeably.

Martin
Martin Apel, Dipl.-Inform.                            t e c m a t h  A G
Group Manager Software Development              Human Solutions Division
phone +49 (0)6301 606-300            Sauerwiesen 2, 67661 Kaiserslautern
fax   +49 (0)6301 606-309                                        Germany
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                               http://www.tecmath.com