* John R. Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 04:01:42PM -0500)

> Or you could just "know" that amrecover lies and whatever tape it
> tells you to load, go back to your reports and load the "right" tape.
> The amrestore than amidxtaped calls searches for the image by name anyway.
> It doesn't check that you loaded the tape amrecover told you to.

So if the morning tape has the disk I need as file image 3
and the evening tape (that amrecover expects) has the disk as file image 94

it will simply fsf until it finds the named image (image 3 in this case)
in stead of blindly fsf-ing to image 94 ?

Now that is a handy feature ..

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone +31-10.280.1515
Technical Support Jason Geosystems BV           Fax   +31-10.280.1511

      This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
  addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
       If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
         disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
      If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
           immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.