On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, John R. Jackson wrote:

> >What's the recommended procedure for temporarily removing a disklist entry?
> >... My solution is to just comment out the disklist entry, but I'm
> >not sure what effect that has on indexing, amrecover, etc.
>
> That's what I do.  You won't be able to do an amrecover while they are
> commented out (as I recall), so you may need to swap them in and out if
> that comes up.

I make a special dump-type, "skip" with the 'ignore' option. That way
amadmin and friends are still happy if you need information about that
host. I think "skip" is included in the latest stable amanda example
amanda.conf.

The downside is remembering to change the dump type when the host is back
up.

Later,

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Programmer    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.