Hi,

I'm using SuSE 7.0, Kernel 2.2.16 with no osst-driver - only aic7xxx, an
Onstream ADR50i and I've got exactly the same problem.
Writing to a 25GB-Tape will work fine - but when attempting to write data
back, there seems to be a point/block (until ~1,2GB) where all readings
fail.

So changing to Kernel 2.2.18 or 2.4.x will maybe fix the problem?

Christian