From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 10:52 AM
To: Alexandre Oliva
Cc: Brian Cuttler; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; J Chris Knight
Subject: Re: Amanda 2.2.6, not using spool area

Alex,

Holding disk on "wcnotes" is 36 gig (in a single partition) the
level 1 backup that went direct to tape last night was 11 gig
(5 gig from another partion, same system).

This is why I thought it wasn't a spool space issue. In this
case we should have had sufficient room as the 4 partitons
involved contributed 11 gig, 5 gig, 1 gig and .7 gig. Even with
all in spool at one time I would not expect to see this behaviour.

Not that I'm don't want to upgrade Amanda, but you know how it is.
Without the excuse its hard to pull the time from another project
to fix something that is working (and amanda is very reliable).

Besides, I don't like mystery behaviour.

This just doesn't look like a spool capacity issue ?

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian