I am learning to use Amanda but it seems it has a problem, as everyone
knows, backing up a filesystem larger than the tape.

I have a 300GB Raid 5 system and a 35GB AIT tape drive. I would like
to do a backup of the raid system with a full backup done atleast
once/month.

It seems the only option is to make a Amanda config file for each
subdirectory inside the raid drive (limited to 10GB each). There are
about 15 10GB directories, so I guess I need to make 15 config files?

Will Amanda try and back up each 10GB directory each night? I can see
that would be a problem since I don't have a tape changer. Also, my
holder partition is only about 2GB.

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve, Ph.D.                   ICQ # 13956200
Biomedical Imaging Group             TLCA# 7938
University of Massachusetts
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: (508) 856-6514
Fax:   (508) 856-1840
PGP Public key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]