Hi all,

I was just reading through the docs for 2.4.2p2 and noticed a few
discrepancies and/or places for improvement:

        amanda-2.4.2p2/README   - still refers in several places to 2.4.1
                                - does not mention "what's new" in 2.4.2 at all

        amanda-2.4.2p2/docs/FAQ - refers to Oren Teich's FAQ at
                                  http://ugrad-www.cs.colorado.edu/~teich/amanda
                                  which no longer exists.

        amanda-2.4.2p2/docs/WHATS.NEW
                                - states the document is for 2.3, this is misleading
                                  IMO, and should rather only include "what's new"
                                  in 2.4.2 since 2.4.1.  Maybe there should be
                                  a COMING.ATTRACTIONS doc?

        amanda-2.4.2p2/docs/UPGRADE
                                - still refers to upgrading from a pre-2.4.0 config
                                - does not mention anything about upgrading within
                                  2.4.x

        www.amanda.org          - should probably have links to all these docs
                                  to make it easier to access.

                                - might want to have a "Features" page
                                  listing what the current/stable release does.

                                - not a lot of useful info there for someone
                                  looking to see if Amanda could be useful
                                  to them.  Granted, they could grab the source
                                  and read docs/*, but most want a quick summary.

Since I'm not sure  who's "in charge" of documentation, I sent this to
both -users and -hackers.  Hope this helps some :)
--

Seeya,
Paul