Hi there.

I'm having a problem getting Amanda to backup one of our servers. When
running amcheck I get the following error:

ERROR: nushtel: [access as operator not allowed from operator@backupservername]

I found the faq-o-matic entry for this issue and checked all of my
settings against the advice found there. The .amandahosts file is in
operator's home directory, has the correct permissions and appears to be
in the correct format (it is in fact a copy of a .amandahosts file from
another server being backed up by the same backupserver on our network)

Looking at /tmp/amanda/amandad.debug on the server I'm trying to backup I
see somethings that concern me, namely:

the BUILT_MACH line lists the wrong hostname, when I build amanda this
server was named "new-server.ourdomain.com" but now that the box has gone
into production it's name has changed to the name of the machine it has
replaced. The other bit that bugs me is that it lists the DEFAULT_SERVER
and DEFAULT_TAPE_SERVER as itself, using the old hostname.

it does seem to pass the self-checks though:
Amanda 2.4 REQ HANDLE 002-385A0508 SEQ 1000143707
SECURITY USER operator
SERVICE selfcheck
OPTIONS ;
DUMP wd0g 0 OPTIONS |;bsd-auth;index;
DUMP wd0h 0 OPTIONS |;bsd-auth;index;
DUMP wd0a 0 OPTIONS |;bsd-auth;index;

Oh yes, the backup server is a redhat box, and the machine I'm backing up
is running BSDi 4.2

Any clues of what I can do about this?

Thanks

Josh