Hi

I'm stuck! - I've tried to get amrecover to work. There's no problem in
selecting host, disk and files to recover, but when I try to do the actual
recover I get the following error:

amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst1 on host devel.
The following tapes are needed: EOS-011
                                EOS-012

Restoring files into directory /tmp
Continue? [Y/n]: y

Load tape EOS-011 now
Continue? [Y/n]: y
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on devel.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue? [Y/n]:

The debug file contains:

amidxtaped: debug 1 pid 3112 ruid 1028 euid 1028 start time Thu Oct 18
11:17:09 2001
amidxtaped: version 2.4.2
> SECURITY USER root
bsd security: remote host afs1.eos user root local user amanda
amandahosts security check passed
> 6
amrestore_nargs=6
> -h
> -p
> /dev/nst1
> svabonius.eos.dk
> ^/etc$
> 20011017
Ready to execv amrestore with:
path = /afs/eos.dk/sw/pack/amanda-2.4.2/sbin/amrestore
argv[0] = "amrestore"
argv[1] = "-h"
argv[2] = "-p"
argv[3] = "/dev/nst1"
argv[4] = "svabonius.eos.dk"
argv[5] = "^/etc$"
argv[6] = "20011017"
amrestore: could not open tape /dev/nst1: Permission denied
amidxtaped: amrestore terminated normally with status: 2
Rewinding tape: no tape online
amidxtaped: pid 3112 finish time Thu Oct 18 11:17:09 2001

I've searched the mail-list archives but didn't find anything that applied
to my problem (or at least I don't think so :) ).

I have no problems with restoring files using mt and dd on the same
tape/tape drive, so it is functioning.

The server is running RedHat Linux 7.0, and I've tried both amanda 2.4.2
and 2.4.2p2. Same result.

So what do I do wrong here?

--
Jens Rohde, System Administrator
Eastfork Object Space (EOS), Margrethepladsen 3, 8000  Aarhus C, Denmark