Hi,

I am having a problem backing up one of my UNIX boxes with Amanda.  When I
run AmCheck I get the error:

WARNING: bill: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 7 hosts checked in 29.678 seconds, 1 problem found.

As you can see the check runs successfully on 6 hosts but times out on 1.
The host is not down as I can ping and rlogin in to it without any problem.
It does also have the appropriate entries in the /etc/services and
/etc/inetd.conf

I realise that there is a section in the Faq-O-Matic about this problem but
since it is offline at the moment can someone please help me out with this
problem?

Regards,

Craig Walker