I just moved my tape drive from one machine to another and I upgraded
from 2.4.1p2 to 2.4.2p2 at the same time.  I moved my configuration
files over and all of the logs and curinfo files and the indexes
(indices?).

When I look at my holding disk, ./bkup, I see:

truk!backup 110# ls -l /bkup
total 20
drwx------   2 backup   backup       4096 Oct 18 06:30 20011017
drwx------   2 backup   backup       4096 Oct 21 06:31 20011020
drwx------   2 backup   backup       4096 Oct 21 18:30 20011021
drwx------   2 backup   backup       4096 Oct 24 09:36 20011023
drwxr-xr-x   2 backup   backup       4096 May 11 12:50 lost+found
truk!backup 111#

But when I run amflush (as user backup, of course), I get:

truk!backup 111# amflush daily
Scanning /bkup...
  : skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
  : skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
  : skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
  : skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
  : skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
  : skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
  : skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
Could not find any Amanda directories to flush.
truk!backup 112#

My Amanda.conf file is:

truk!backup 112# more /usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda.conf
org "RCS Backup System" # your organization name for reports
mailto "admin"  # space separated list of operators at your site
dumpuser "backup" # the user to run dumps under
inparallel 4  # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel
netusage  8000 Kbps # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per second

   # increased from 1800 Kbps 2000-10-29 JHS
   # increased from 5000 Kbps to 8000 Kbps 2001-06-29 JHS
# See http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda-10.html for details.
dumpcycle 14 days # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 14         # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
   # (2 weeks * 7 amdump runs per week )
tapecycle 50 tapes # the number of tapes in rotation
   # Then, I changed it to 50 because that's how many tapes I have.
   # Keep 22 tapes in the changer, at least 14 of which are recent
backups
   # Not more than 8 of which are old tapes to be backed up
   # The remaining 28 tapes are off site backup, or 6 weeks of archival
storage
# WARNING: don't use `inf' for tapecycle, it's broken!

bumpsize 20 Mb  # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays 1  # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4  # threshold = bumpsize * bumpmult^(level-1)

etimeout 10800  # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.
   # increased from 2400 seconds 2000-12-22 because spinoza
   # keeps timing out.
   # Changed from 3600 (1 hour) to 10800 (3 hours) because
   # spinoza still keeps timing out.
# dtimeout 3600  # Data timeout, added 2001-07-25 because spinoza times
out, still
runtapes 2  # The maximum number of tapes used in a single run. (was 1,
increased 20000902 /JHS)

tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/changer"
changerdev "/dev/sg1"
diskfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/disklist"
tapelist "/usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/tapelist"

tapetype DLT
labelstr "^daily-[0-9][0-9][0-9]*$"

infofile "/usr/local/share/amanda/curinfo" # database DIRECTORY
logdir   "/usr/local/share/amanda/logs"  # log directory
indexdir "/usr/local/share/amanda/index" # index directory

includefile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/holding-disk.conf"
includefile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/tapetypes.conf"
includefile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/dumptypes.conf"
includefile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/interfaces.conf"

and my holding-disk.conf file is:

truk!backup 113# cat /usr/local/etc/amanda/holding-disk.conf
holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "Main holding disk"
    directory "/bkup" # where the holding disk is
    use 64000 Mb # how much space can we use on it
   # a negative value mean:
   #        use all space except that value
    chunksize 2000 Mb  # size of chunk if you want big dump to be
   # dumped on multiple files on holding disks
   #  N Kb/Mb/Gb split disks in chunks of size N
   #  0          split disks in INT_MAX/1024 Kb chunks
   # -1          same as -INT_MAX/1024 (see below)
   # -N Kb/Mb/Gb dont split, dump larger
   #             filesystems directly to tape
   #             (example: -2 Gb)
    # chunksize 2 Gb
}
truk!backup 114#

Does anybody have any advice?

Many thanks,

Jeff

---
Jeff Silverman, sysadmin for the Research Computing Systems (RCS)
University of Washington, School of Engineering, Electrical Engineering Dept.
Box 352500, Seattle, WA, 98125-2500 FAX: (206) 221-5264 Phone (206) 221-5394
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://rcs.ee.washington.edu/~jeffs