Greetins,

I finally solved what was wrong using amrecover to
restore the files; Was a nasty combination of:

- Lack of the "index yes" parameter in my amanda.conf
dump definitions.
- Bad names on my ".amandahosts" file. Check your
/etc/hosts for inaccurate entries, even if you're
using NFS (can be a problem).
- Running amrecover on the server; Run it as root on
the client box and make sure i't works (i checked that
using Solaris Dump and Linux TAR).

Also another of my problems was using Linux dump. Is
simply useless with amanda, stick with tar (not very
usefull if you have to backup time sensitive files as
Rational Clearcase VOB's).

Hope this helps someone else with the same type
problem i got.

JV.

 --- José Vicente Núñez Zuleta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escribió: > Greetings,

=====