At 2002-01-25T19:16:22Z, "Jeremy Wadsack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> We switch from tape- to hdd-based backup because hard drives are MUCH
> cheaper than tapes these days. I need to figure out the 2GB limit on the
> drives before I completely restart the system (separate problem.)

Ehhh?  The good tape drives aren't particularly cheap, but the media is
practically throw-away money, especially for any shop larger than one
person.  I mean, DDS-3 tapes are about $15, which translates to $0.625 per
GB.  Add the fact that tapes are, by their nature, hot-swappable, and I
think you'd be hard-pressed to find a less-expensive and more-featureful HD
setup.
--
Kirk Strauser