Hi,
you couldn't by any chance give your conf file could you?
We tried for months trying to get the tape changer to work but it
never happened. We just manually change them each day, waiting for the
day that we purchase an expensive backup tool.
Also, is there a way to stop it from estimating? We use full backups
(130Gb) every night and the thing spends hours running it's
compression estimations (even though it is turned off), the result of
which is that it sometimes times out and doesn't back any thing up
from large file systems (50K+ directories). The simplest method would
be to tell it to use "du -sk" but so far, I haven't had the time.
Any help would be most welcome.
cheers

.
--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
>* Lylace Garcia-Blake (Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 08:28:37AM
-0800)
> > Happy Wednesday,
>
> > Does someone have a tapetype entry for the HP LTO Ultrium device
that
> > they would be willing to post?
>
>no tapetype (at least non official)
>but the following works for me
>

>define tapetype LTO {
>comment "LTO ultrium"
>length 150 gbytes # conservative estimate
>filemark 1 byte # should work given above
>speed 30 mbytes # even more, but this isn't used in
amanda