Even though the Amanda docs' recommendation for off-site storage is a
separate config (always full, no record), I'm trying to minimize the
client load and bandwidth while making a separate set of tapes for off-site
storage.  Is there a way to do either of the following:

Write the same data to two drives simultaneously? Filling the tape might be
an issue, but I guess if you hit EOM on either drive you could restart the
current image on both.

Leaving level 0s on the holding disk after a write so that something like
amflush could make another tape of it?

Some of my backups are across a WAN and take several hours, dragging the data
across twice seems like a gross inefficiency.  I could just make direct
copies of the tapes, but two separate writes has better odds of having at
least one good one.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                  Voice: 512-374-4673