Hmm. Its funny how an idea is completely lucid in my brain and yet gets
mixed up between brain and keyboard. :)

What I mean by index is something like this:

Position: host: file system

not a complete index of each file available to be restored.  So that what
I'm currently calling an index would be a file with as many lines as there
are dumps on a tape.

There is that more confusing :)

--
Sacha Panasuik, MCSE