I am trying to get Amanda clients to not do copression, but have the
server do the compression.  I had thought that this would happen by
changing the dumptype record for comp-root-tar to have:

        compress server fast

instead of

        compress client fast

When I watch the clients (Linux, OSF/1) with "top" I see gzip max out the
processor on the client still.  I've looked around as best as I can but I
can't find documentation on the dumptype fields other than in amanda.conf.
If someone could point me to the documentation for this and/or tell me how
to do what I want I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. Server = Amanda-2.4.2p2 on IRIX 6.5.13m

 Steve Cousins                 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Research Associate            Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences     208 Libby Hall
 University of Maine           Orono, Maine 04469